POSITION TITLE: Administration and Finance Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Administration and Finance Department
REPORTS TO: Administration and Finance Officer
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of the Administration and Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Administration and Finance Officer in the roles of Administration, Finance, Purchasing, Logistics and Property Management of EAS.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Responsibility # 1: Administration
- Assist in organizing and coordinating the logistical support needed for meetings, conferences and internal seminars, workshops, training courses and other meetings organized by EAS in close collaboration with Program units and Administration and Finance Officer;
- Assist in handling travel arrangements including visa requests, ticket purchase and other related arrangements;
- Ensures that all staff members have submitted their leave plan each year and follows up the implementation of the plan accordingly;
- Update staff leave, performance evaluation and send reports on monthly basis to the Administration and Finance Officer
- Prepare job advertisement and post on appropriate media for all local positions in consultation with the Finance and Administration Officer;
- Administers staff benefits
- Assist in handling employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to EAS’s policies and procedures;
- Make arrangements for interviews and preparation of contracts and letter of appointment for newly hired staff.
- Check references for selected applicants. Schedule orientation programs for new staff with different departments and staff.
- Timely distribution of HR and admin related information to staff and concerned department heads.
- Ensures the timely renewal/termination of staff contracts and liaises with all units;
Job Responsibility # 2: Finance
- Follow up on outstanding payments in consultation with the Accountant
- Review payment requests and attached documents in accordance with existing operating guideline and submit to the Finance and Administration Officer;
- Assist in preparing payroll and financial reports on a regular basis together with the Accountant
- Deposit collected money in the bank and submits the receipt and bank deposit slip to the Accountant;
Job Responsibility # 3: Purchasing and Property Management
- Receives approved requisitions from Administration and Finance Officer and makes contacts with suppliers
- Prepares purchase orders, submits for approval and follows up the receiving process while inspecting the compliance of purchased items against the predefined specifications and/or samples before receiving.
- Prepares requests for payment and pays to suppliers;
- Based on the policies and procedures of the Academy collects proforma invoices and submits to the concerned authority for approval;
- Make sure that all purchased/donated supplies and fixed assets are received by Goods Receiving Note;
- Make sure that materials and services requested by various units of EAS are delivered as per their specifications in the request on time by Store Issue Vouchers;
- Maintain inventory list and provide asset inventory reports when requested.
- Participates in the annual inventory process and takes appropriate action as per the result of the inventory taken;
- Handle requests for fuel, oil and lubricants and other supplies required to facilitate and carry out the transportation operations before approval;
- Ensures that all EAS’s properties including vehicles have insurance coverage and follows up its timely renewal;
- Ensures activities such as safeguarding of property, compound security, and gardening are efficiently conducted;
- Follow-up registration of fixed assets of the Academy;
Job Responsibility # 4: Others
- Prepares periodic reports and submits to the Supervisor;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum first degree in Accounting and Office Management/ Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY: Click this link and fill out the application form: