POSITION TITLE: Project Officer
- JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Senior Project Officer, the Project Officer assists in planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities of the Department. She/he participates in initiating and implementing programs/projects to meet the Academy objectives.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects, compiles, analyzes and disseminates information/data to support the project planning, implementation and decision making.
- In colaboration with the Senior Project Officer, develops concept notes and/or project proposals, as well as annual plans.
- Follows up and coordinates implementation of new and existing programs/projects
- Ensures that all required information/data is made available for project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and decision making.
- Identifies and liaises with program/project stakeholders.
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned.
- Produces quarterly, bi-annual and annual performance reports.
- Participates in organizing dialogues and other events as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- MA/MSc in Demography, Development Studies, or related field.
- 4/6 years relevant work experience in managing projects. Experience working on population related issues is preferable.
C) TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Project preparation and implementation skills;
- Demonstrated technical ability, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with others at all levels;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic